Silence the cold!
Make your winter full of goodness every time you wake in the morning!
Are you a fan of desserts? Imagine having a dessert for breakfast. Goodness me, I bet you will wake up with all the energy you have got (despite the cold) only for that bite of goodness to fill your belly with wonders. This wonderful cocoa oatmeal parfait will keep you & your family warm and happy this winter! Your kids will be motivated to go to school since they look forward to that delicious breakfast, you will experience improved focus and energy.
Let’s explore thebenefits of having cocoa in oatmeal.
- Cocoa lowers high blood pressure– when you consume cocoa, there are more positive changes in the systolic and diastolic blood pressure compared to when you consume black and green tea.This helps in maintaining a healthy circulatory system.
- Cocoa is packed with antioxidants– According to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, cocoa exhibits higher antioxidant activity than black tea, green tea, and red wine. The zinc present in cocoa helps protect you against oxidative stress, which is a major cause behind accelerated ageing. If you want to keep ageing at bay, you better start having cocoa oatmeal for breakfast.
- Cocoa improves brain health- Doyou want your child to perform brilliantly at school? Then you have found your aid. Cocoa contains a high number of flavonoids which are known to maintain a healthy brain and have a positive effect on learning and memory functions.
- Cocoa relieves bronchial asthma- Are you suffering from asthma or shortness of breath? Do not worry, cocoa contains xanthine and theophylline, which aid in relaxing bronchial spasms and opening constricted bronchial tubes. You will breathe well in no time.
- Cocoa makes your skin beautiful- Consuming cocoa helps in decreasing the effects of UV-induced erythema and reducing skin roughness as well as scaling. Do you want skin elasticity? Cocoa is shown to enhance skin elasticity, hydration, and density.
- In a pot, pour the milk & salt and bring to boil.
- Add the chocolate & cocoa oats and stir continuously for 5 minutes
- Once the oats are thick and creamy, cool the oats for 10 minutes
- In a cup or bowl layer the oats first, followed by fresh strawberries, strawberry yoghurt and raspberries until you build a beautiful parfait.
- Sprinkle some chia seeds and mint leaves.
Recipe by @edenairs | www.edenairs.com