It’s time for the ultimate Vegan cookies to be your new favourite cookie recipe. These crunchy, gooey, chocolatey and nutty biscuits are all I want and more from a biccie!
Chocolate – Check
Sugary goodness – check
Nutty crunch – Check
All the extra’s – OH YES!
Ok so did you know that Halloween contributes a whopping 2000 tons of plastic waste from this one day alone. That’s disposable, single use sweet wrappers, cheap plastic costumes and plastic decor – That’s the equivalent to 83 million Plastic Bottles – NOW THAT’S A SCARY VISUAL!
Single use items have a negative impact on the environment. They take a lot of resources to make, often made from harmful materials that immediately end up in a landfill – SPOOKY! Now lets add COVID-19 to the mix and every single item is individually wrapped in single-use plastic even more so than before.
So why not try focus on a greener Halloween this year, keep all the fun BUT without the waste.
- Try avoid plastic as best you can. Buy decor that is made from paper or quality materials you can reuse over and over again
- Focus on re-using. Raid your closet and dress up boxes and come up with some classic outfits. You don’t need a new costume every year that’s made from bad, cheap plastic that doesn’t quite last the whole suburb now does it 😉 Get creative and rethink how to create the best outfits.
- Get crafty – Oh hey pinterest moms. This is the time to pull out all the stops. Paint toilet rolls as bats, repurpose broken things into something clever – Im using an old crate as a ‘pretend’ basket for my ‘pretend bike’ this year – Im making my daughter go as ET in my “Basket”.
- WEAR a MASK – You have to by law so why not make it part of your costume and something you won’t have to simply dispose of.
- Make your own ‘Treats’ – Things like these cookies go down really well with all ages, make your own spider cheese cake and get creative on how you cater. It can be such fun – here is some inspiration
- Lastly – RECYCLE everything you possibly can’t reuse or repurpose. Simple
Also have a look at some of our delish sweet treats that are ALL TREAT without the trick [No Plastic]
- Chocolate coated chickpeas – Grumpy Snacks
- Wasabi & chive chickpeas – Cheaky Co
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– Mama Bongi
- Vegan Ginger Cookies – Yum Baker
- Mango strips – Something a little healthier
- Coconut chips – Organic and straight from the farm in Mozambique
And try some of our amazing sweet treat recipes for your party –
- This Coconut Granadilla Cake was an absolute hit
- Vegan Blueberry Cheese Cake – Swirl chocolate on top for a spider web effect
- Try this Halloween Spiced Carrot pumpkin Cake
Something for the kids
Last year we had these super cute free printable for your halloween party and we think they deserve another trip around the sun – don’t you!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add in the vanilla and almond milk and beat again.
- Sift in the flour and mix until a dough form.
- Mix in the trail mix and the chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and shape your cookies.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until golden. Let cool fully in order for them to harden before you move them