Its no secret that we simply LOVE Outcast foods vegan mixes and when you combine that flavour with the most amazing gluten free pasta from Happy Earth People then a world class dish is probably on the cards here.
So here’s how to make this great Vegan Bolognese that is simply More-Ish.
- Mix 115g or approximately 150ml of dry burger mix with 160ml boiling water and 1 tsp oil
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes covered.
- Form into two large patties or four smaller ones, approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- Heat pan to medium heat and add a splash of oil
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 minutes on each side or till crispy brown.
- But as you’re frying them, start to break them up a bit and throw into a fresh sauce for a meaty, chunky taste.
- Chop 1KG of ripe plum tomatoes and add to a pot. Add some olive oil and simmer
- Add dry basil and oregano [be generous…you’ll thank me later]
- Grate 2-3 carrots, the finer the better and add to the pot.
- Chop 2 celery sticks and add to the pot
- Let the sauce simmer for 35-40 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up the burgers into pieces and add to the sauce, mix them in and cook for another 10 minutes
- Add chilli at any point if you like spicy.
Cook 250g of the Happy Earth Pasta, add the pasta to rapidly boiling, salted water. We recommend using a timer from when the pasta is put into the pot. Cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente.
- Combine the two and Voila!!!
Comfort food that is good for you and easy on the planet.