Yes you read that right… Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake and there is something about a No-Bake cheesecake that makes my heart sing. Whether it’s because I have never really mastered a baked cheesecake or if a frozen cheesecake is something so fresh, delicious and decadent that I have always loved but THIS recipe is an absolute show stopper. Plus its VEGAN and also look at those layers – WOW
The base of this gorgeous cake is the perfect blend of ingredients that make it crunchy and deliciously nutty. It’s amazing. I would suggest using the coconut flour if you’re a fan of coconut [Like me] and if you want to substitute the pecans for cashews that’s just as delicious. I often find with a cheesecake base I often add what’s left in my pantry – nuts and flour wise. Zero waste winning.
I also love getting creative with my toppings and let your ‘inner-designer-foodie’ vibes F.L.O.W. take a look at some fo these absolute stunners on Pinterest
So this Mother’s Day make sure you spoil Mom with a home made delicious dessert that we know she will love and you get to enjoy it as well… And we all know she deserves to be spoilt a little extra 😉
Want to go above and beyond and pair this dessert with a gorgeous Vegan Pie? Head over to my favourite pie recipe EVER. Get it here
- Want a more chocolate base? Blend a packet of Oreo's, combiner with coconut oil and press the base into the cake tin.
- keeping the fruity feel, then why not add some coconut flakes - Yum!
For the Filling
For the Topping
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Strawberries For serving
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries For serving
- Prepare a 15cm cake tin with coconut oil or baking spray and set aside.
For the Base
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the pecan nuts + cinnamon + coconut oil + dates + salt and pulse until a sticky dough forms. Using your fingertips, gently press into the base of the cake tin.
For the filling
- Add the cashews + coconut oil + maple syrup + lemon juice + vanilla to the blender and blend until smooth, scraping the sides down as you go. Pour 2/3 of the filling over the pecan base until even and set aside in the freezer
- Add the freeze dried blueberries into the blender and blend. Pour over the filling layer evenly.
- In a clean blender, add the toppings except for the strawberries and left over freeze dried blueberries. Blend until smooth and pour over the last layer.
- Leave in the freezer overnight or for 8 hours. Once set, remove and allow to stand for 10 minutes before finishing off with the toppings. Slice and serve immediately.
- You will LOVE THIS
Want to add a little something extra to spoil mom? Find some great gifts that are guaranteed to bring her joy!