I think overripe banana’s are a Zero-Waster dream as the possibilities are endless from smoothies, to pancakes to muffins. Don’t ever let your bananas go to waste 🙂
Now that you have looked over at your fruit bowl and seen a couple browning banana skins…. lets get you whipping up these banana bread muffins.
What you’ll need:
4 medium bananas, overripe
½ cup peanut butter, or any nut butter of your choice
1 cup cake flour or all purpose
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp fine salt
1 handful pecan nuts, roughly chopped
How to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C and line a 2 muffin tins with muffin wrappers or non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, they don’t have to be mashed too well, it’s nice to have a couple lumpy bits.
- Add the nut butter and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Sift in your dry ingredients and mix through until all the flour is incorporated, don’t over mix.
- Portion the batter into the tins, make them about ¾ full. My batter made 8 biggish muffins.
- Sprinkle the tops with your pecan nuts and bake for 15-18 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Blogger – Recipe developer – Photographer