Thanks to Le Famished Cat – we have fallen in LOVE with spelt!
Luckily for us here is yet another amazing recipe.
- 2 cups Spelt flour
- 2 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 small egg
- Berries or Apple, optional
- Maple syrup or honey, optional
- Coconut Yoghurt, optional
- Coconut flakes, optional
- Almonds, Optional
- Turn on the waffle iron.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the oil and egg and add to the dry ingredients
- Spray the waffle iron with a little coconut oil spray, or brush with butter
- Put the batter in the waffle iron and cook until the steam stops from the sides of the waffle iron – spelt flour can be stick so make sure the waffles are well done before removing
- Top with coconut yoghurt, berries and maple syrup if you would like