Easter is around the corner and to celebrate were making this super delicious Speckled Egg & Cocoa Nib Bark. If you have not ever tried using cocoa nibs – you are seriously missing out! These nibs not only add an intense chocolate flavour to foods, but also a subtle and satisfying crunch.
Cacao nibs have all the benefits of eating dark chocolate, without the added sugar. They are high in fibre, protein, and antioxidants, and contain the same mood-boosting chemicals that make a bar of dark chocolate so satisfying.
And because the Easter season is upon us, why not add a few speckled eggs too?
Make this chocolate bark as a gift for the Easter lunch table, or store shards in a glass jar, hidden in your desk as a secret stash.
Who is judging?
Cocoa Nibs and chocolate drops all available at The Refillery.
Measuring cups, Glass bowl, baking tray, baking paper and spatula
- Line your baking pan with a sheet of baking paper
- Roughly chop up your speckled eggs and measure your nibs out so they are ready
- Add your dark chocolate to a small glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir with your spatula
- Return to microwave for another 30 seconds and stir again. Most of your chocolate should be melted, but not all of it, so watch this process carefully
- Now add your semi-sweet chocolate drops and stir them into this melted chocolate mixture for at least 2 minutes. The chocolate should be glossy and clump free. Make sure you do not get any water near the chocolate.
- Using your spatula, spread the chocolate mixture over your prepared pan, ensuring to even out the chocolate so it is level and then quickly scatter around the nibs and speckled eggs
- The chocolate will harden quickly so work fast.
- Refrigerate for an hour and then break into shards
Recipe created by Le Famished Cat for The Refillery