ROASTED VEGAN PHYLLO SCROLL
PREP TIME: 20 MIN SERVES: 8 TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
- 100 g diced butternuts
- 100 g diced potatoes
- 20 g sliced baby marrows
- 30g pecan nuts
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 10 g cranberries
- 50 g vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp vegetable spices
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, sauté the potatoes, butternuts and baby marrows for 5 minutes. Season them with salt, pepper, curry and vegetable spices. Let the vegetables cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked vegetables with vegan cream cheese.
- To assemble the scroll, place a sheet of phyllo pastry on your work surface and brush the sheet with vegetable oil.
- Place a quarter of the veg mixture on the edge of the phyllo pastry in a horizontal line.
- Gently roll the mixture up in the phyllo pastry. Repeat with other phyllo sheets.
- Coil the phyllo rolls to make spirals. Brush top of the coiled sheets with vegetable oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and crispy to the touch.