Craving flavour? Then you must try this recipe, an easy delicious vegetarian pasta option for any occasion. Can easily add Free Range chicken if you would like as well as replace the cheese with vegan cheese and butter with coconut oil to make a vegan pasta for your date this Valentines Day.
It not only looks good but its just as delicious.
- 350 grams fusilli
- 250 grams red beans
- 100 ml cream
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- Masala spice
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 tbsp chili spice
- 50 grams fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 cherry tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp powdered minestrone soup
Instructions for fusilli:
- Boil 1 litre of water in a pot.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Pour 350 grams of fusilli in the boiling water and stir for 10-15 minutes.
- Once fusilli are cooked, drain excess water off and let the fusilli cool.
Instructions for chili red beans:
- Soak the red beans for 1 hour.
- Vigorously boil the red beans on high heat for 40-45 minutes.
- Bring the heat to medium temperature.
- Add salt, chili, chicken masala and black pepper to the beans after 40 minutes of boiling.
- Add the butter to the boiled beans and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Cut the cherry tomato and garlic and pour them into the boiled beans.
- Simmer the beans for 5 minutes until tomatoes have dissolved.
- In a small cup, mix the minestrone soup and cream then pour the mixture into the beans.
- Let the beans simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add water for more soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the fusilli in a bowl and mix with the red beans.
- Add grated cheese, fresh red pepper and fresh coriander leaves to the fusilli.
PREP TIME: 1 HR COOKING TIME: 1 HR