Product by Amy-Zing
The Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bags are now made of cotton and are made locally in Cape Town, South Africa. They have a thin rope drawstring at the top of the bag to help you make your desired plant-based milk with ease. Nut milk bags are perfect for people looking to include more plant-based foods. They are super easy to use and if the care instructions are followed, will last many years. The Amy-Zing 3-in-1 also makes a great gift idea for encouraging a loved one to start including dairy-free milk options into their daily diet.
What can I use the Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag for?
- Ideal for making: Macadamia nut milk, Almond nut milk, Oat milk, Coconut milk, Cashew nut milk, Hazelnut milk, Vegetable juice & Sprouts
How do I use it?
To make nut milk:
- Pre-soak 1 cup of nuts overnight in the fridge (1.5 cups if you prefer thicker milk). Pre-soaking the nuts helps to activate the enzymes contained within the nuts which then helps the nuts to get digested easier.
- Then in the morning, or 8 hours later, rinse the almonds and then place them in a blender with 4 cups of clean purified water. Blend for 3 minutes on a high setting.
- In the meantime, turn your nut milk bag inside out (so that the seams are on the outside) as this makes for easier cleaning, and place it over a large jug or bowl – ready to ‘filter’ the contents of the blender, and catch the pulp. The drawstring rope should be on the outside but at the top.
- Slowly pour the contents of the blender into the nut milk bag, draw the string and gently squeeze the bag from top to bottom. Repeat this until no more liquid comes out and your nut milk bag has nut pulp left in it.
- Pour the milk into a glass container, and store in the fridge.
- Save the nut pulp if you are making cheese or cookies, or put it in your food composter.
- Rinse and follow the care instructions immediately after use.
- This recipe will make approximately 4 glasses of milk and will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To make fruit/veg juice:
- Use in the same way as above, but substituting the nuts for your fruit and/or a veggie combination. Vegetable juice can be enjoyed as a nutritious drink.
To use it for sprouting:
- First soak your seeds, beans, nuts, greens or grains (whatever you wish to use) for 8-12 hours by placing the seeds in the Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag and then in a jar or bowl but ensuring the seeds are totally covered in water.
- Then rinse the seeds and hang them over a bowl to dry. At this point, you do not need to put them in the sun.
- Then going forward twice daily, rinse the bag of seeds, or dip in freshwater (for approx. 20 seconds) twice a day.
- After 3-5 days your sprouts are ready! Woop! If you are sprouting greens, at around day 2-3 you should ideally move them to a location with a bit more light to help them become green.
- Turn your sprout bag inside out to get to the sprouts. Enjoy adding them to your meals!
- Store the fresh sprouts for up to 3 days in the fridge (any longer and mould will form, making them unsafe to eat).
What can I use nut milk for?
- As a healthy drink rich in calcium for kids and grown ups
- As a substitute for milk on your cereal
- When baking, and for any recipe that requires regular milk
Health benefits of nut milk:
- It has been very well documented in recent years that cow’s milk is not perhaps as good for us as we once thought. This is mainly due to poor farming conditions, and the way the milk is processed.
- Many people also turn to milk alternatives (dairy-free) because they have intolerances to it. Generally being called ‘lactose intolerant’ because their bodies cannot manufacture the enzyme ‘lactase’ needed to break down the ‘lactose’ in milk.
- Lactose is the sugar that naturally occurs in milk, and is also called ‘milk sugar’. Whilst many people use it because they simply want to reduce the amount of animal by products that they consume daily. Due to animal farming practises being where the majority of our precious resources are being used today.
How do I clean it?
- Please wash the Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag before first use in hot water. Leave to dry in the sun.
- Once you are finished using your Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag, turn the bag inside out again but ensuring your garden waste bin is below it to catch the contents (if you are not using the pulp for baking cookies or turning the pulp into dairy-free cream cheese).
- Be sure to rinse your Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag in hot water immediately after each use.
How long will it last?
- If you follow the care instructions below and take good care of your Amy-Zing Nut Milk Bag it should last for many years.
- Contains: 1 x 100% cotton Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag
- Nut milk bag dimensions: 30 cm x 15 cm
- 100% cotton, unbleached nut milk bag with polyester drawstring rope
- Packaging – brown paper packet with a paper sticker (both are recyclable)
Country of Origin: