Cranberries have many benefits. Here are a few:
- Heart: Packed with antioxidants (eg quercetin and anthocyanins) which promote heart and blood vessel health by preventing the formation of cholesterol plaque.
- Bladder: Consumption makes your urine more acidic, which prevents the formation of alkaline calcium ammonium phosphate stones in your urinary tract. This helps to prevent bladder infections and UTIs.
- Vitamins & minerals: Vitamins A and C, as well as folate, potassium and manganese.
- Anti-inflammatory: High amounts of pro-anthocyanins (PACs) flavonoids which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Cranberries are low in calories but the drying process makes them higher in natural sugar content, so please enjoy in moderation.
Allergens: None, however this product is packed in a facility where peanuts, tree nuts, milk and gluten are present.
Country of origin: USA
Ingredients: Cranberries, pineapple juice, colourants (elderflower juice concentrate)
Average Nutritional information (per 100g):
- Energy: 1288.7kJ
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 82.4g
- of which total sugar: 65g
- Total fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Dietary fibre: 5.7g
- Sodium: 3mg