Lets talk Plant Based Living for a moment.
Without getting into a great debate we know that a more plant base diet is better for the planet. With this there has been a rising trend to plant-based cafe’s and restaurants [Our Favourite being Lexi’s eatery], Plant-Based recipes and ready made meals in stores.
Lucky for us we stock just about everything you need when it comes to your beans & pulses, grains, seeds & nuts to name a few. So we thought what better way to add to this lifestyle than with Plant-Milk Bag [also used for sprouting].
Get all the goodness with your morning milk* from your nuts, oats or whatever kind of milk your after really 🙂
Here is a recipe by Alani Keiser who is a Plant-Based Diet & Lifestyle Consultant who has brought out her own range of hand made, South Africa Plant Milk Bags.
DIY Plant Milk
You will need:
1 Cup Raw Cashews / Almonds / Nut of your choice
1.5Litres Purified water
- Soak your cashew nuts in 500ml of water overnight.
- The next day, strain the old water and rinse.
- Place in a blender and add 1 Litre of purified water and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Using your Plant Milk Bag and bowl, pour the cashew water into the bag, over the bowl.
- Using a funnel, pour the cashew water [milk] that is in the bowl, into a glass bottle.
- Don’t discard the cashew nut pulp…. you can use it to make a creamy salad dressing or biscuits 🙂