Goji Berries are also a nutrient dense power-packed little superfood and we love to add them where you can.
Some of these possible benefits are [Medical News Today]:
- Goji berries are believed to protect against age-related eye diseases, and can help vision because they contain high levels of healthy antioxidants.
- Goji berries contain healthy antioxidants and are known for their immune-boosting qualities and their ability to fight harmful free radicals and inflammation. They contain large amounts of vitamins A and C, which are vital for building immunity and preventing illnesses.
- Promote healthy skin.
- Stabilises Blood sugar
- Improves anxiety, depression and lack of sleep
- Prevents liver damage
Information and research found on Medical News Online
NUTTY & CRUNCHY DATE BARS
DIFFICULTY: EASY PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOKING TIME: 15 MIN
- 300g Pitted dates
- 30ml Raw Honey or Maple syrup
- 1tbsp Vanilla essence
- 150g blanched nuts (pecan nuts or macadamia or almonds)
- 50g Goji berries
- 350g Oats (or Oat flour)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, soak your dates in hot water for 5 minutes.
- In your food processor, pulse your oats until you have oat flour.
- In a food processor, add your soaked dates, vanilla, maple syrup, goji berries and blanched nuts. Blend until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Mix the date mixture into your oat flour until a sticky dough is formed.
- Grease your baking tray with baking oil.
- Transfer the oat mixture into the pan and press firmly into an even layer.
- Bake the date bars for 15 minutes or until they are deep golden brown and no longer sticky or wet.
- Let the bars cool for 5 minutes and Enjoy!
Recipe by Faith from Edenairs – Follow her here Edenairs.com