No-Bake and healthy don’t often go hand in hand but here is a delicious recipe that you simply have to try. The kids will love it, your friends will love it, it’s a crowd pleaser for sure!
Prep Time : 90 Minutes
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 350 grams dried pitted dates.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 grams dried mango strips
- 50 grams popped popcorn
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- Put the rolled oats and salt in a blender and blend well until smooth and fluffy.
- Put the dates in a bowl and cover with water. Microwave them for 1 minute.
- Drain any excess liquid off of the dates.
- Blend the dates, vanilla essence and peanut butter in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Put 150 grams of the date caramel in a small bowl
- In another bowl, use a spatula to mix the oat flour and the remaining 200 grams date caramel to form a sticky dough.
- Firmly and evenly press the dough into a small and narrow container.
- Use a spatula to spread the 150 grams of Date Caramel evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the popcorn and dried mango strips over the Caramel. Use your fingers to press the popcorn into the Caramel layer, so they stick.
- Place the container in the freezer for 60-90 minutes, until firm.
- Remove the frozen “filling” from its container, then use a sharp knife to cut it into bar-sized pieces. Return these to the freezer while you melt your chocolate.
- Melt your Chocolate using either a double boiler or the microwave. If you choose to use the microwave, place your Chocolate pieces in a wide bowl (so the candy bars will fit along the base) and microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between. Once the Chocolate is 75% melted, stop microwaving and stir the mixture with a spatula until completely melted.
- Place 1 bar into the bowl of melted Chocolate until its coated on all sides. Repeat with the remaining bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, to allow the Chocolate to harden.
- Let the bars thaw for 5 or so minutes before enjoying.
Created by Edenairs