These easy, adaptable cereal or breakfast bars can be adapted to your cravings at the time. I went with a “chuck it all in” and they turned out delicious. Plus no cooking required 🙂 BONUS!
1 x Generous cup of pitted dates
1/4 cup of maple syrup or honey if not vegan
1/4 cup All natural peanut butter
1 x Cup roasted almonds [I roughly chopped them up]
1 1/2 Cup x Rolled Oats
- 1 cup of whatever you like.
- Chocolate chips, Orbs, Coconut chips, Cranberries, Figs, Raisins, Chia seeds, Banana chips… the world is your oyster.
- Throw your dates into the food processor for about a minute until it forms a ball of dough
- You don’t have to do this but I roasted my almonds and oats in the oven for 15 minutes on 180 Degrees. Just added a little more flavour i thought.
- Place your oats, date ball and nuts into a bowl and set aside.
- Warm your honey / maple syrup and peanut butter [or any nut butter] in the microwave. I did mine in 30 second bursts.
- Pour over your oat mix and break up the date ball while doing so. The better broken up it is the better.
- Add your own creations and mix.
- I used an 8X8 inch baking tray, greased it with coconut oil, and took my bees wax wrap to firmly pack down the mix into the tray.
- Leave the wax wrap on top and place in the fridge/freezer for 20 minutes and VOILA!
I kept them in an air tight container but between the kids and Dom they didn’t see the day through!