Summer is here and quick and easy salads are my absolute best. I often find myself creating a ‘left-overs’ salad which sound less appealing than it really is but hear me out…
Weekends are full of braai’s and parties and mismatched meals and come Monday your left with a few random goodies that dont equate to a whole meal. Get creative and live your ‘Zero-Waste-Best-Life’ 🙂
And with my super simple salad dressing you cant go wrong.
Salad dressing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon wholegrain mustard [you can use another mustard but this is my favourite]
- Salt & Pepper [Add more or less as you wish.]
Now this recipe should make enough for a whole salad but mix well and test it, I love lemon [honestly its an obsession of mine] so I always add way more but its up to you. Taste and adjust as you need.
So this is what I had left over for my ‘pick ‘n mix’ salad this week.
- Handful of mixed lettuce leaves [Left over from the weekend braai]
- Home grown baby spinach [Also only a handful or so but together it made enough for 3 of us]
- end of the cucumber
- 1 1/2 tomatoes [Life with toddlers leaves me always with a half of something]
- Couple of olives [Literally the last few stragglers at the bottom of the jar]
- Half an Avo
- 2 Slices of bread [Pushing the boundaries of their shelf life, so I toasted them, cut into cubes, drizzled with olive oil, mixed herbs and a bit of salt & pepper and popped them in the oven on grill for 3 minutes] Best croutons ever.
- Last few almonds from our recent road trip [Roasted and chopped]
- Obviously whatever else you have left over throw it in.