I’m a huge fan of corn fritters but this Millet and Corn Fritters recipe is a whole new dimension of delicious-ness. The right amount of flavour, spice, crunchy-softness paired perfectly with a delicious jalapeño mayo and sweet chilli- YUM!
So after a lot of hunting and searching we finally sourced the perfect millet – Because you guys have been asking ALL year!
High in nutrition: Millet is a good source of nutrients such as copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese. Which are excellent for maintaining a healthy life.
Less calorie count: Millet is very low in calories. Even for the people who are calorie conscious and trying to eat in a manner, that will help them maintain their energy levels throughout the day without constantly feeling famished – WINNING!
Improves immunity: Adding millets to your diet on a regular basis will help your body gain back all the protein, that your system was short on to improve your immunity
Satiates Hunger: Many carbohydrates such as rice and wheat are easy to breakdown once consumed, leaving a person hungry within few hours of their meal. Millet is not broken down easily in the digestive system – keeping you fuller for longer.
Reduces Sugar-levels : Due to its low glycemic index, millet is an ideal food to consume to reduce your sugar levels according to Mantra
So Millet is a good ancient grain to add! It’s also gluten-free, quick to cook and it grows easily in harsh, dry conditions. It’s thought that it originally came from Africa and then migrated through Asia and the Middle East over 10,000 years ago so safe to say Millet is here to stay!
What else have you used millet for? Tag us on social media so we can share.
- 1 Cup Cooked Millet [Bring 1 Cup millet with2 cups water to boil and cook until soft]
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cake Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn
- Splash of milk * Plant based
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion / Spring Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Fresh Limes, Cilantro and jalepenos For serving
- Sweet chilli Dipping
- Heat up a skillet with some olive oil on medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked millet, flours, baking powder, spices, nu-tritional yeast, spring onion, salt and pepper.
- Add in the sweet corn, plant based milk, nutritional yeast and the squeeze oflime juice.
- Mix well until you have a smooth yet pliable batter, scoop about two tbsp ofthe batter in to the hot oil and fry each side until nice and crispy.
- Blend together all of the jalapeño mayonnaise ingredients and serve chilledwith the millet corn fritters.
- Add sweet chili sauce, fresh diced jalapeño, cilantro and limewhen serving.