CELERY & MACA POWDER SMOOTHIE
Maca, otherwise known as Peruvian ginseng, is a root vegetable from the same plant family as turnips, radishes and broccoli. Maca has been used as both food and medicine in South America. Incan warriors would consume maca before long journeys and battles to enhance their strength and endurance. It is known now as a ‘superfood’ and as an incredible energy booster, providing stamina and mental clarity. It can also help to regulate natural hormone levels in the body.
PREP TIME: 2 min COOKING TIME: 1 min DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 lemon
- 500 ml water
- Previously blended celery ice blocks (optional)
- Thoroughly wash the celery stalks and apple.
- Slice the celery and apple into smaller pieces.
- In a high-speed blender, put the cut celery, apple, maca powder, squeezed lemon juice, water and ice blocks.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!