Need some inspiration this Valentines day? Look no further than these scrumptious donuts. Get extra brownie points for making them from scratch 🙂
And when they look this good… you’ll be sure to win anyone over
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup xylitol sugar
- 10 grams active dry yeast
- 4 cups cake wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Canola oil for frying
Ingredients for glaze:
- In a bowl, pour milk and microwave for 1 minute. Add 1 tsp of sugar and stir into the milk. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yeast mixture, sugar, vanilla essence and butter together.
- In a large bowl, pour the flour and salt and add the whisked egg mixture to the flour. Mix well with a spatula until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes and let the dough sit for 1 hour in a warm spot in your kitchen. Cover the dough with a clean dish towel.
- Knead the dough again and roll it out into a rectangular shape. Use a donut cutter to create donut rings and let them rise for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, pour canola oil and bring to medium heat.
- Fry the donuts in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer donuts to paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain and cool slightly. Dip the donuts into glaze, then place onto a cooling rack.
Instructions for glaze:
- Pour the glaze ingredients in a bowl and mix well until smooth.
PREP TIME: 1HR 4O MIN COOKING TIME: 20 MIN
Recipe byhttps://edenairs.com Edenairs