A simple, soft and chewy granola bars recipe that’s delicious as-is or can be adapted based on your favourite dried fruits, nuts or chocolate.
PREP TIME:10 min FREEZING TIME: 1-hour DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 300 g
- 250 g birchers muesli
- 100 g raisins
- ½ tsp salt
- 20 grams castor sugar
- 1 tin black pitted cherry
- Soak the pitted dates and raisins in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain off the excess water.
- Take 100g of birchers muesli and use a food processor to pulverize them until you have fine flour. Set the flour aside in a bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse the soaked dates and raisins until they are smooth.
- Add the pitted dates, salt and 150 grams of birchies muesli to the muesli flour. Mix together until dough is formed.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spread the dough into pan and smooth the top out evenly, pressing all the way into corners with your fingers.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes (or longer) to set.
- In a pan, pour the black cherries and add sugar then bring to boil on medium heat. The pitted cherries texture should be like maple syrup texture.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and pour the cherries on top of the dough. Add nuts of your choice. Return the dough to set in the freezer for another 30 min.
- Slice into 8 thick bars or into small squares and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the freezer (or the fridge).