With Halloween coming up, why not try make your own treats that require no single use plastic? Decorate how you like, get the whole family involved or let the kids take over. The beauty of tasty treats is not only good for the kids but for you too 🙂
HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
DIFFICULTY: EASY PREP TIME: 10 MIN TOTAL TIME: 90 MIN
- 100 g oat flour
- 150 g pitted dates
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 30 g smarties
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g peanuts
- 20g Desiccated coconut for dusting
- Soak the dates and peanuts in warm water for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water completely.
- In a food processor, add the dates, peanuts, vanilla essence, salt and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients until fully mixed.
- Pour the oat flour to the blended mixture and blend the oats into the mixture until fully mixed.
- Put the dough in a bowl and set it for 90 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and use a scoop to spoon out the dough and roll them into balls.
- Decorate the truffles with coconut and cocoa powder.
- Decorate the truffles the Halloween way with some smarties.
- Set the truffles in the fridge for 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Set the dough in a fridge for 90 minutes.