Written by Candice Heath
Two years ago, I became a mother to Emily Heath. Not only did it come with all the associated joys, but it also turned my world upside down – in the bestway! Suddenly my spare time mostly belonged to my child and anything that took extended amounts of time just simply wasn’t a viable option. I really didn’t want that to be the case with healthy eating at home.
So I began to hunt and experiment with ideas that were not only nutritionally jam-packed but most importantly convenient. Having quick, nutritious and delicious recipes like this in the holster is the trick to a happy and healthy family.
As a working mom, the last thing you or the little one clinging to your leg wants are hours spent in the kitchen. Honestly, I am so grateful for this incredible pulse pasta. which is also available at The Refillery both in-stores and online Which allows me to spend time with my little one instead of slaving away in the kitchen for hours (after a long day of work), and I don’t have to sacrifice the nutritional benefits.
That’s why I absolutely love this recipe, it’s just so simple.
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds Soaked for 1 hour and toasted
- 1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic Peeled
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Tamari / soy sauce / Miso paste
- 1 Tsp Lime Zest
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Pinch Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 3/4 Cup Filtered water Plus extra in case the sauce is too thick
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 250 grams Happy earth Chickpea Pasta Or the Red Lentil or Green pea
- Start with the lime sauce – First, drain the soaked pumpkin seeds. In a high-speed blender, add the drained pumpkin seeds, parsley, garlic, cumin, honey, miso paste, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and water. Blitz until smooth, add water if it’s still too thick, check the seasoning and add more to taste.
- Once the sauce is done, cook the Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta. Boil water in a pot, once rapidly boiling add the pasta – remember to use a timer (6 minutes)
- Steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes, on the last minute, add the kale.
- Add your pasta into separate bowls, top with broccoli, kale and drizzle as much lime sauce as you like. Sprinkle leftover pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper.. and voila, quick, healthy, happy meal!
We just love a pasta recipe that doesn’t bloat you or gives you cramps for days afterwards and that’s the beauty of Happy Earth Pasta‘s gluten free pasta range. They believe in a food and farming system that nourishes both people and planet to health and happiness.
Together we can create a world in which all people live healthily and happily, fuelled by the power of simple pulse-based foods. A world in which farming and our food system, restores and regenerates the earth and all its inhabitants.
By creating simple, locally made pulse-based food products. Through regenerative farming methods, using only whole-food ingredients, with zero additives and zero-waste packaging.
We believe that we can live in harmony with nature, ourselves and with the source of happiness which has always been available inside.
Now this is brand | Company and Philosophy we LOVE!