Gluten Free Lemon Cakes
135g Almond Flour
85g Rice Flour
1 1/2tsp Baking Powder
220g Castor Sugar
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
2 TBLSP plain yoghurt
Icing sugar, for dusting
Lemon glaze – made up of juice of 1 lemon and enough icing sugar to make a running icing.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Prepare a bundtlette pan by brushing it with butter and dusting it with some flour. Alternatively, you can use a 20cm round cake pan and line it with baking paper.
- Add the almond flour, rice flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time until fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Add in the zest and juice of lemons into the mixture followed by the yoghurt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and pour the mixture ¾ way up into the prepared ‘bundtlette moulds’. Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool
- When cool, dust over some icing sugar or drizzle over a lemon glaze. The lemon glaze can be quite sweet so monitor how much you put on.
Recipe Created By Natasha Jugoo – Follow here – Its.so.mee