Wondering what to do with the kids this holiday? Well why not bake some gorgeous ginger bread cookie that is festive, fun for the kids and smells like Christmas 🙂 These biscuits are the absolute best, they are fool proof and super simple to follow.
125g unsalted butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
2/3 cup golden syrup
2½ cups Cake Wheat flour, sifted
2 tsp ground ginger
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the icing
1 1/2 Cup Icing Snow
3-4 Tbs water plus more as needed. Food colouring if you want 🙂
- If it isn’t thick enough – Add a teaspoon of corn starch [ pre mixed with a bit of water] to thicken it
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease and line 2 large banking trays.
- Mix butter and sugar together in an electric mixer for 8 to 10 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda and beat until the mixture just comes together to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough on non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes, re-roll the dough as necessary. Place cookies on the baking trays and bake for approx. 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Biscuits will harden only once removed from the oven. Leave it on the baking
This recipe is the brainchild of Aussie Chef Donna Hay. I love her recipes nd love that are fool proof.
This creation was made by @its.so.mee