It’s been a tough year for pretty much everyone I know, which is why i’d dead set on making this festive season as family and friend-filled as possible. Which is why this Festive Roast Pepper Salad with basil and pistachio pesto needs to be on your “Entertaining” list for the holidays.
Whether you are hosting a party or you are asked to bring a dish – this is such a great new addition to your salad game that is not just your Usual Garden Greens 🙂
A salad should never, I repeat – NEVER be boring. Salads are a chance to get creative, to mix together your favorite flavors, and to try new ingredients. Because they’re such a customizable meal, you can load it with ingredients you’re partial to and leave out those you’re not. This Festive Roast Pepper Salad with basil and pistachio pesto is exactly that – and it adds ‘wow factor’.
Some other tips to step up your salad game
- Add sweetness with fruity vinaigrettes
- Fruit doesn’t only have to stay in the fruit bowl.
- Make your own creamy dressing – My favourite dressing is half an avocado smushed [Yes that’s a technical term], salt and pepper, loads of lemon juice, olive oil, a few splashed of ACV and a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard. You can’t go wrong with this.
- Add what’s in your pantry – add seeds, roast nuts and toss them in. Roast some left over veg and pop them in!
There are no rules when it comes to making salads – EXCEPT – Don’t be boring!
This amazing recipe was created for us by Amy over at An Earthen Life.
For the Salad
- Coat the peppers in olive oil and place in the oven to roast until soft.
- Place the quinoa in a pot and cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer until the water has steamed off.
To make the pesto
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble this delicious simple salad, place all the leaves in a salad bowl and toss with the cooked quinoa. Place the peppers on top and the drizzle the pesto on top.