I have absolutely LOVED the social media aspect of starting The Refillery connecting with people from all walks of life, all stages of a Zero-Waste Journey and all types of foodies that it has opened my eyes to new and amazing recipes I would have never usually tried.
I spotted these Diwali Cookies on Instagram by Natasha @its.so.mee who is a Senior Legal advisor at an Investment bank by day and a lover of good looking food and home style cooking – Follow her here @its.so.mee
So I went and tried them out and we LOVED them. So I thought I simply had to share with you what our everyday amazing customer who shop with us – plastic free – are whipping up at home. You will be beyond impressed!
The recipe originates from a sugar cookie recipe from @marielouisguy.
200g butter, softened
1 cup castor sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 cups Cake wheat flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray.
- In the bow of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla and flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a preferred thickness and cut into shapes. Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for a further 10 minutes.
- Bake for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Decorate with melted white chocolate, edible flowers and pistachios.