This is another recipe from one of my go to baking books – The Australian Women’s Weekly. It may seem like a tedious recipe with too many steps but don’t let it put you off – it’s actually a relatively simple recipe.
These biscotti’s are a perfect snack to fill the cookie jar. I like to refer to them as adult biscuits…lol! I especially love it with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a glass of vino 😊
60g butter, softened
1 tsp Vanilla Extract/Essence
1 cup Castor sugar
1¾ cup Cake Wheat flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup dried Cranberries
¾ cup coarsely chopped Pistachios
1 egg, extra
1 TBS water
2 TBS castor sugar, extra
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs in one at time until well incorporated.
- Stir in sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda then cranberries and nuts. Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray. Halve dough and shape each half into 20cm logs. Place logs on oven tray.
- Combine extra egg with water in a small bowl. Brush egg mixture over logs and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake logs for approx. 30 minutes or until firm (it won’t be completely cooked through but don’t despair!). Cool 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1cm slices. Place slices in a single layer and bake for approx. 20 to 30 minutes until dry and crisp, turning halfway through cooking time. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
For more recipes follow Natasha Jugoo on Insta