Crunchy, gooey and full of goodness. These bars are great for a quick snack, grab on-the-go or anytime treat that will fill you up and give you that little extra spring in your step.
PREP TIME: 30 min COOKING TIME: 45 min DIFFICULTY: Medium
Ingredients for Base:
Ingredients for filling:
- 150 g white chocolate drops
- 30 g pecan nuts
- 30 g hazel nuts
- 100 g coconut flakes
- 100 g coconut flour
- 1 can unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 100 g egg whites
- 30 g castor sugar
Instructions for base:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line your baking tray with a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, pour melted butter and castor sugar then stir together.
- Add in coconut flour and salt, mixing until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of prepared pan in an even layer. Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes and reduce the oven heat to 150 degrees Celsius.
Instructions for filling:
- In a bowl, use an electric mix to beat the egg whites and vanilla essence until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar into the eggs until stiff peak forms. (nothing should fall out when you put the bowl upside down)
- Mix coconut flour and condensed milk in another bowl until smooth.
- Add the batter into the whisked eggs and use a spatula to fold the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over cooled crust and sprinkle the coconut flakes.
- Place the pecan nuts and hazel nuts on top of the filling then bake for 30 minutes or until coconut is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice into bars, drizzle with melted white chocolate drops and Enjoy!