I have to be honest – I am personally always on the hunt for the PERFECT crunchie that you can adapt or change to what floats your boat at the time and I am happy to say – BINGO!
These crunchies have become a family favourite over the years. It’s so easy to whip up and takes no time to cook in the oven. They are really moreish and yum. A perfect cookie jar filler!
1 cup Cake Wheat Flour
2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
1 cup White Sugar
¼ cup Dried Cranberries
1 Tbsp Honey OR golden syrup
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper that extends over the sides of the tray.
- Mix flour, oats, coconut, sugar, seeds and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- Heat butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan on a low hat. Once melted, whisk in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Add butter mixture and milk to the dry ingredients and mix well until the flour mixture is covered in butter.
- Press the crunchie mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake for approx. 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown – keep an eye on it as tends to brown quite quickly!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cut into even squares and leave in the baking tray until completely cooled.