Sometimes you need a sweet treat that is delicious and good for to keep you going in the morning or late in the afternoon. Well Lorna has you covered with these amazing Chocolate Superfood Cookies that add crunch, gooey-ness and goodness all rolled into one tasty treat. If you love this recipe you will love Lorna’s blog and recipes so go check her out on Insta @life.with.lorna
You simply have to try these
1 Cup Pitted dates
1 Cup Brazil nuts – Roughly chopped
½ Cup Raisins
½ Cup Cranberries
¼ Cup Cacao nibs
3Tbsp Chocolate protein powder – Wazoogles chocolate Moondust
Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water for +/- 10 minutes
Preheat the over to 190C
Prepare a baking tray with a non stick liner
- Add the oats to a food processor and pulse for 60 seconds. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the brazil nuts, raisins, cacao nibs & Chocolate Moondust and mix.
- Add the dates and cranberries to the food processor with half the date water and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture out and roll into a ball. Press down onto the tray with the palm of your hands
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight glass jar or cookie tin.
Pro Tip – use extra date water if the mixture is sticking together too much
Recipe created by Life.With.Lorna