We know you have all been baking up a storm this lockdown, so why not try your hand at some amazing cinnamon rolls.
You won’t regret trying this!
- 2 cups Cake flour
- 250 grams corn starch flour
- 100 grams cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp xylitol sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100 ml melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 50 grams milk chocolate drops
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Grease your baking tray with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, vanilla essence and butter together.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix well.
- Pour milk to the flour and knead the dough.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough and form a rectangle shape.
- Spread butter on top of the dough then sprinkle 1tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Sprinkle the chocolate drops on top of the dough and finish by drizzling maple syrup.
- Roll up the dough tightly and use a floss/knife to cut 8 equal rolls.
- Arrange the pieces in the baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy!