There are few things in this world that bring such simple pleasures as cookies – and these Raw Choc-Pistachio Cookies are out of this world.
Can we have the goodness without the calories?
The beauty of these Choc-Pistachio Raw Cookies is that they are packed with goodness.
So let’s get the facts for this power house powder that adds chocolatey goodness | nutritional benefit | and flavour for days.
‘Cacao’ refers to any of the food products derived from the cacao bean that have remained ‘raw’ – according to Creative Superfoods. These products include cacao nibs, cacao butter and cacao mass but most commonly cacao powder.
How is Raw Cacao powder made?
Raw cacao powder is made by cold-pressing un-roasted cocoa beans, this process retains the living enzymes and removes the fat (cacao butter).Where Cocoa powder is the ‘raw cacao’ that’s been roasted at high temperatures. The effect of roasting the cacao is the molecular structure of the cocoa bean changes, lowering the overall nutritional value and removing some health benefits.
Benefits of Raw Cacao Powder:
- A powerful superfood
- High in antioxidants.
- High in flavanoids
- Helps with weight loss
- Promotes healthy skin and heart
- Contains essential minerals and vitamins.
Safe to say this is a win for a little treat.
- According to nutritionists dates have a large amount of vitamins including B vitamins, vitamin K, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and manganese. Safe to say that they are NOT just sugar bombs or empty calories
- They have great antioxidant properties and are naturally sweet so a natural sweetener so to say.
- They also add sweetness and balance to a variety of dishes both sweet and savoury.
So dates are a GO… try our Bliss Ball recipe in a jar for simple, vegan bliss balls packed with chocolatey flavour.
Add nuts they say?
Yup, nuts are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. I personally find they also curb a lot of cravings.
For the love of CHOCOLATE
The beauty of dark chocolate drops is that they are delicious and sugar free. Two things you need in life right?
We would LOVE to see your favourite cookie recipes – tag us on Insta or pop us an email and we can share for everyone to give it a try.
- Place the almonds, dates and cacao powder in a blender and blend until combined. I chopped and blended mine by hand, so it is possible if you don’t have a blender. Make sure the batter sticks together nicely.
- Divide the mix up into small balls and shape into flat cookie shapes.
- In the mean time bring a pot of water to a simmer. Place a metal or glass bowl over the water – make sure the base isn’t touching the water.
- Melt the chocolate in the bowl and then dip each cookie into the chocolate – I dipped in half.
- Then while the chocolate is wet sprinkle on the pistachios and salt. Allow to cool and enjoy.