If there is one thing this year has taught me is to enjoy the little things in life… no matter what. When your fabulous, foodie, blogger, creative friend comes at you with chocolate peanut butter cookies, well I’m completely obsessed. You have to try them.
The lovely Lorna creating magic for us once again.
“I am also completly obsessed about dark choc + PB + salt in one mouthful, who’s with me?
These cookies are also refined sugar-free and can be made vegan by replacing the eggs with a flax egg or egg replacer.”
- 250g natural peanut butter
- 100g coconut sugar
- 2 scoops vanilla sky protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 free-range eggs (a flax egg can be used}
- 100g sugar-free dark chocolate drops
- A pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking tray with some baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs / egg replacer mix the peanut butter + coconut sugar + protein powder + vanilla paste.
- Using wet hands scoop a tablespoon of the mixture out and roll into balls, the mixture will be sticky so keep a bowl of water close by to keep your hands wet.
- Place onto baking tray leaving 2-3 cm in between each cookie.
- Press down using a spoon and bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds or over the stove and dunk cookies into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with salt and grab your hot drink, see ya on the couch!
Quick Tip: if the spoon sticks to the cookies when pressing them down dip the spoon on the bowl of water between each cookie.