Outcast Foods Vegan Burgers
Let’s chat about why we love Outcast Foods premixes
. . .
Firstly the word “Premix” says it all. They have taken all the hard work, quantity adjustments, flavour changes and tweaks out of it for you and made it as simple as possible. You simply add water and a dash of Olive oil. Mix | Let it sit | Mould into perfect little patties and fry up. Instant whole-food pre-mixes whereby they use activated pulses to increase nutrient absorption and only whole foods. So no gluten, fillers, preservatives or additives. Just pure quality ingredients where natural flavours are brought to life.
Without doubt these are one of the easiest yet tastiest burgers I have ever had and all our friends and family LOVE them. A huge seller in our branches and it’s not hard to see why.
Visit any of our branches to get your Burger Mix or SHOP ONLINE
Serves: 2 Large burger patties| Ready In 16 Minutes (Prep: 12 Min, Cook: 4 Min)
Difficulty: Easy Peasy
- Mix 115g (approximately 150ml) of dry mix with 180ml boiling water and 1 tsp oil.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes covered.
- Form into two large patties or four smaller ones, approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- Heat pan to medium heat and add a splash of oil
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 minutes on each side or till crispy brown.
- If it’s charring turn more often. If it’s not going crispy brown, turn up the heat for the last minute.
- To get a firmer burger, let the mix sit in the fridge for a while longer.
- Our burgers hold together really well, so you can add some grated veg to customise the taste and texture.
- Pre-cook for 2 mins each side, then throw on the braai with some basting for a real treat
- This burger mix can also be used as a great mince substitute in a Bolognese sauce or even cottage pie. Prep the burgers the same way as above. But as you’re frying them, start to break them up a bit and throw into a fresh sauce for a meaty, chunky taste.