It’s Vegan and its delicious and you can add a twist to spice it up how you like, lemon zest, passion fruit, red fruits… whatever your favourite taste is, it can be substituted to suit your needs.
DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM PREP TIME: 15 MIN TOTAL TIME: 2HRS 30 MIN
- 180 g Oreo cookies
- 200 g melted vegan butter
- 200 g blueberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 200 g sugar
- 350 g vegan cream cheese
- 250 g coconut cream
- 20 g agar powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 125 ml hot water
- 80 g Nova Chocolate [Mint, Chilli chocolate, Salted caramel & Chilli, Peanut Butter or Toasted Coconut or plain dark chocolate]
- Line the bottom of a 20cm pan with a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Crush the Oreo cookies with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
- Pour the crushed cookies into a food processor, pour melted butter and blend well.
- Pour the cookies into a pan and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, pour the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar.
- Simmer the blueberries under medium heat until the syrup is thick.
- Blend the blueberries in a food processor, set aside the blended blueberries in a bowl to cool down.
- In a larger bowl, pour the vegan cream cheese and vanilla essence. Use an electric mixer to whip the cream cheese until smooth.
- Pour 250 ml coconut cream into the cream cheese and use an electric mix to blend the ingredients well.
- Pour the pureed blueberries into the cream mixture and use a spatula to fold the ingredients until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour 125 ml of hot water into a cup and add 20 g of agar powder. Mix the agar powder into the cup until it has fully dissolved.
- Pour the dissolved gelatin into the blueberry mixture. Use a spatula to fold the gelatin into the mixture.
- Pour the blueberry mixture onto the chilled cookie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake has set, melt the vegan chocolate and drizzle it over the cheesecake. Enjoy!