BERRY PHYLLO PASTRY TART
PREP TIME: 10 MIN SERVES: 3 TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- 350 g mixed berries (frozen)
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 6 phyllo sheets thawed
- 30 g cranberries
- 30 g pecan nuts
- 20 g figs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Grease your muffin trays with baking spray
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the frozen mixed berries, sugar, vanilla and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the berries release their juices and the mixture is sticky. Set aside and let the mixture cool for 5 min.
- Line your phyllo sheets on a table and cut each filo pastry sheet into 6 squares. Lightly brush the filo pastry on each side with butter and line 4 sheets in each muffin case, allowing for irregular edges.
- Fill each muffin tin with 1 tablespoon of the berry filling, cranberries, pecan nuts, figs and gently fold the phyllo pastry edges over the top of the berry filling. Brush the top of each tart with additional butter.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until the phyllo pastry looks a light golden brown all over.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Enjoy!