Nothing beats fresh bread right? Well we have topped the charts here by sneaking in some added benefits with some Organic Baobab Powder
This is a win win for bread lovers 😉 So why add Baobab Powder into your daily diet? The reasons are endless but to tempt you – this is why we are adding it…
GOOD GUT HEALTH
Baobab has extremely high soluble and insoluble dietary fibre content. Both these fibres are very important for your gut health. Soluble dietary fibres stimulate the growth of intestinalmicroflora necessary for good digestion, allowing you to absorb more nutrients from your food. The insoluble fibre in baobab powder provides the roughage necessary for the movement of food through your gastrointestinal tract.
Baobab is rich in Vitamin C which is vital for the support of your immune system. Vitamin C is an essential vitamin that our bodies can’t produce which is why it needs to be replenished daily, keeping you strong and healthy by giving your defences a boost against disease and infection.
Stabilises blood sugar
Baobab has a stabilising effect on blood sugar especially when consuming high starch foods. It is rich in polyphenols and just a few tablespoons can help manage blood sugar levels. Mix a tablespoon of baobab powder with water or milk and drink this with your meal. You can also add baobab powder to fruit juices to help slow down the release of sugar into your blood
Slow Release of Energy
Baobab Powder is a valuable supplement for long distance and endurance athletes. Not only does Vitamin C help boost immunity, it also helps to slow the release of energy from food, reducing tiredness and fatigue and supporting a healthy metabolism.
Increases Satiety and weight loss
Adding baobab to certain foods can help reduce feelings of hunger, allowing you to feel fuller more quickly and thus reducing the amount of food you eat. Just mix a tablespoon of baobab powder into a paste, then add water or milk to make a quick satisfying drink. You’ll already feel full before you have eaten your meal!
KNOTTED DINNER ROLLS
DIFFICULTY: EASY PREP TIME: 3 HRS COOKING TIME: 30 MIN
- 30g Baobab powder
- 500g Cake wheat flour
- 10g Active dry yeast
- 50g Castor sugar
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Sesame seeds
- 240ml milk
- 1 egg yolk for brushing the rolls
- Tip – Add things like Nutritional yeast for cheese flavour or Herbs and Spices for added flavour
- In a bowl of a mixer with a dough hook, put flour, yeast, milk, sugar, oil, 2 eggs and salt and knead for 10-12 minutes until soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and form a ball shape.
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise at room temperature for about an hour or until it doubles in volume.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide into 12-15 pieces.
- Create a long roll from each part of the dough and then wrap it around itself, creating a knot.
- Place the rolls on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until the rolls almost doubled their volume.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Gently brush the rolls with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe created by Faith from Edenairs – Follow her here at Edenairs.com