Years ago my mum discovered a version of this recipe in a banting recipe book and I have to say it has stuck with us for life! It not only makes use of old banana’s [Nothing against new ones but when your kids won’t eat the bruised ones this is a huge crowd pleaser]
I also find myself making it for my kiddies breakfast, lunch or dinner as it has all the goodness I need to get into them and the add-ons are endless.
Here is what you will need:
2 Bananas [It works out to a banana per person]
2 Free Range Eggs [Same principle here, an egg per person]
Dash of cinnamon
1/2 cup of Full Cream Yoghurt / Coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup Add-Ons [Warmed up berries, Granola mix, Chia seeds, coconut chips, you name it and it’ll go perfectly]
Drizzle with honey
- Mash up the bananas with a fork until fully mashed, add the eggs and mix together.
- Add a dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- Heat the frying pan on high with a blob of butter or coconut oil, add the banana mix and fry like you would scrambled eggs.
- Once cooked through, prep into a bowl with a dollop or two of yoghurt, sprinkle your add-ons on top and drizzle with honey.
- If you add any frozen berries, I heat them in the microwave which makes them juicy and adds a delicious tartness to the dish.
It’s the kind of dish that surprises everyone and anyone and the kiddies just love it too. If I’m in the position I need to impress someone I use a mould to place the mixture onto the plate and dress it from there. Like a heart or circle mould, but my kids couldn’t care less even if I created Noah’s Ark so I just mix it up 🙂
Would LOVE to see your version of this recipe, please tag us on Instagram of Facebook for us to see.