One of the greatest desserts for entertaining ever, its a definite crown pleaser and your guests think your a master chef! I love to grate chocolate over mine at the end or add some fresh fruit to freshen it up. How do you like your mousse?
5 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
SERVES: 3 PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES SETTING TIME: 1 HR
- 50g butter
- 5 large eggs
- 170g chocolate If your going for a darker chocolate then use our sugar free dark chocolate
- 100g sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Melt your butter in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Chop your chocolate into smaller pieces and pour them into the melted butter.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix the chocolate into the butter. Continue stirring until the chocolate has fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- In a large bowl, pour the egg whites and vanilla essence.
- Use an electric mix to whisk the egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually add the sugar to the egg whites. Whisk the egg whites until the meringue forms a stiff peak.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the meringue and use a spatula to fold the chocolate into the meringue. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mousse into your serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy your chocolate mousse with some fruits and nuts of your choice!
It’s as easy at that.